Want to work with one of the coolest social enterprises around? We want that too! Check out our postings below and follow the directions to apply!
Holiday Market Staff
Sock Rocket is hiring sales staff for our upcoming holiday market season! We are looking for 2-3 humans who fit the criteria below and are available (at least partially) Friday through Sunday from November 18 through December 18, with a few Thursdays sprinkled in for set-up.
What you'll do:
- Help customers buy our funky fresh socks at various holiday markets here in Calgary.
- Welcome shoppers with a smile, talk to them about Sock Rocket, and answer any questions they might have about the socks.
- Operate our very simple Point of Sale system to complete their purchase.
- Take payment via cash and card.
- Manage the cash box on site.
- Keep an open communication line with us throughout your work day, and notify us of any issues or stock shortages.
- Open the booth at the beginning of the day and close it down at the end. We'll be there to help show you the way :)
- Help with load-in, set-up, tear-down, and load-out of the booth, including inventory tracking, at the beginning and end of weekends.
- Smile, laugh, and be merry at some of the coolest and most festive holiday markets around!
Who you are:
- Fun-loving and kind-hearted.
- Trustworthy, honest, and punctual.
- Confident in conversation with the new people.
- Hard-working, but not TOO hard-working.
- A fan of social enterprise, or at least of the idea of helping others.
- Some experience with retail sales and/or customer service in a store, kiosk, or market booth would be great but isn't necessary.
What you'll get:
- $17/hr plus bonus pay based on friendly competition and sales goals throughout the season.
- Big discounts on Sock Rocket products for the holidays.
- Direct support from us throughout your tenure.
- The chance to work with a fun, successful, and established social enterprise brand and learn about / pass on the benefits of doing business this way!
Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume and contact details.